Sunday, July 6, 2014

Congratulations 2014 Grads!

I have fun neighbors.  And when I say fun, I mean FUN.  I've gotten to know them over the past 5 years, mostly through theater.  I've had the pleasure of having been in shows with all three of the talented kids of the family.  I first met Andrew when we were in Willy Wonka together.  He was a crazy middle schooler and now he's all grown up, graduated from high school, and off to college in the fall.  Okay, I may be exaggerating a little on the all grown up bit.

Seriously, he's a great kid and I'm really proud of him.  He has a great future ahead of him.  He's a fantastic tap dancer, musician and he's ridiculously smart.

I could go on and on about my neighbors and their wonderfulness, but let's face it, this blog is all about me and my wonderfulness, so I wouldn't want to confuse you.

So I got to make the cake for Andrew's graduation party.  The order was a piano cake with books and tap shoes.  My first thought was how fun!  I mean, when does one get to make a piano cake?  After deciding on the flavor, size and a sign off on a rough sketch, I went to work.

The best part: chocolate cake with raspberry cream filling. I'm sorry, but just YUM!

the cake...




Details...




 Did I mention, he's smart?  Pre-law smart.
  

Congratulations to the class of 2014! 
Now go to college, get a degree, a job and your own place.

No comments:

Post a Comment